There are a number of configurations that are possible after successful login for the Linksys default login. All you need to do is, login to the lynksys router using the default login IP address 192.168.1.1 using the default user name and the password. Here we are illuminating the frequent configurations that can be made easily once you successfully login to the Linksys router.
Steps to Reset the Linksys Router
The very common issue that most of the router users face is, forgetting the login details for the router. In that case they have only one option that is, resetting the Linksys router so that you can use the default login details to login the Linksys routers.
- Find the reset button located at the back side of the Linksys router.
- Press and hold the button for at least 30 seconds.
- After pressing the button for few seconds, you will find that router will turn Off and will turn On again after few seconds.
- After releasing the reset button, take an Ethernet cable and connect the computer with the router using the Ethernet cable.
- Open the web browser and fill the IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press enter key.
- Fill the login details and press enter key again.
- Here you can easily change the default login details for the Linksys router.
Linksys Router Configuration Options
After the successful login to the Linksys router you will find a number of setup options for the Linksys router. You can go for many basic to advance level option for the linksys router login admin, 192.168.1.1 login wireless settings Linksys, updating firmware Linksys router, 192 168 1 1 admin Linksys, Linksys router login.com, Linksys routerlogin, Linksys default login, lynksys router login, http://linksys router login/, 192.168 1.1 Linksys router login password, 192 168 1 1 Linksys router login, 192 168 1 1 Linksys router login, Linksys router login, or 192.168.1.1 Linksys log in. here we are explaining the number of setup option you will receive after successful login to the Linksys configuration page.
Set Up a New Linksys E1000 Router Without the CD
Setting up the Linksys routers without CD is not that much a headache. Here we are explaining the steps you will need to follow if you want to configure the Linksys router without using the CD.
- Take and Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet at first port of the router.
- Connect another end to the Ethernet cable to computer.
- Open the web browser and fill the IP address 192.168.1.1 in the web browser.
- Fill the login details for the successful login. The login details are different for different Linksys routers available in the market.
- Here you will need to fill the IPS’s user name password.
- Click the option to “Obtain an IP address automatically.”
Setting up a Linksys Router with Cable Internet Service
The setup for the Linksys routers with the cable internet service can be done manually or using the installation CD.
First Verify that Internet Connection is Active
First you will need to connect your modem with the computer system using the Ethernet cable. If computer is connected with the internet, you are ready for the next steps.
- First you will need to connect the router’s WAN port with the cable modem.
- If you are using a wireless computer, first you will need to connect with the Ethernet cable.
- Give the power supply to the Linksys router.
After making all these changes, you will need to check the LED blinking for the Linksys router. If the LED corresponding to the Ethernet cable are blinking, everything is working fine.
- Open the web browser and type the IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Here you will need to fill the login details that are, user name and the password.
- After filling the login details press enter or OK key.
- After the successful login go for the “Setup” option.
- Click on the “MAC Address Clone” option.
- Go for the option “Enabled” and then click in the option “Clone My PC MAC”.
Simply save all the settings by clicking on the option “Save Settings”.